SUMMER 2020 RE-OPENING OF LINDORES ABBEY DISTILLERY
Lindores Abbey Distillery re-opened on Friday 10th July 2020
The Distillery will be open for pre-booked Tours on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 1130 / 1300 and 1430. You can also pre-book cheese & charcuterie platters, picnic hampers or luxury seafood hampers.
The Courtyard bar will be open every Friday and Saturday (11am – 10pm), Sunday (11am – 4pm) for a pre-booked bar service, and if the weather is due to be a wee bit dreich we can make use of the Cloister, making sure the tables are at least two metres apart to keep you all warm and dry!
Small weddings, private dining events, and bespoke tours for groups of 8+ can be booked for any time, by arrangement.
We are absolutely delighted to be re-opening our Courtyard bar for table service drinks on Fridays and Saturday nights from 11am- 10pm and Sundays from 11am – 4pm.
We can cater for up to 72 guests in the courtyard and will take orders from your tables. If the weather is due to be a wee bit dreich (Scottish for rainy, windy and everything in between) – we have a huge empty space in the Cloister that we can use, making sure the tables are at least two metres apart and the team will continue to wear masks and follow all social distancing guidelines. Means we can keep you all warm and dry!
If you are coming along with the family, tables with children under 16 can only be booked between 1600 and 1900, which means we sometimes have later slots available as well.
Due to social distance measures we cannot have a walk in service at this time and instead will be operating a strictly PRE BOOKED SYSTEM ONLY
All bookings and refreshments must be booked in advance, by 1800 the night prior. You can book by emailing info@lindoresabbeydistille
If you are coming along to the Courtyard Bar we have a variety of pre-booked food options including Food Vans that will be at the front of the distillery OR you can pre order Ploughman’s Picnics and Cheese and Meat Platters and Luxury sea-food Hampers from us which you can enjoy on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
FOOD VANS: There will be food vans at the front of the distillery, which you may need to prebook. Please check their pages. You are more than welcome to eat your food inside the courtyard if you pre book your table.
Our Ploughman’s Picnics are available to pre-order at a cost of £12.50 per person and include: Homemade sausage roll or mini vegetarian quiche | Generous wedge of Anster cheddar | Crusty roll and butter | Plum pickle | Dried fruit and nuts | Piece of seasonal fruit | Tunnocks log | Packet of ‘artisan’ crisps |
Our luxury sea-food hampers are charged at £65 per hamper and there is plenty food for two people. Prepared by our chef Andrew Wilkie they include: 1 x split lobster | 6 x langoustine | 4 x crab claws | 4 x pickled herring | Smoked salmon | Asparagus and goat’s cheese quiche | Rocket, pine-nut and parmesan salad | Potato and spring onion salad | Mixed green salad | Caesar salad | Crusty bread | Olives, pickles, garlic mayo, house dressing | Meringue with local berries and Chantilly cream
Our Platters are £12.50 per person and the Charcuterie Platter includes: Selection of cured and smoked meats, pate, pickled vegetables and chutneys served with crusty bread. The Cheese Platter includes a Selection of Scottish cheeses, dried fruit and chutneys served with oatcakes and crusty bread.
Book by emailing email@example.com
WHISKY AND HISTORY TOURS
From Friday 17th July we shall be hosting small pre-booked whisky and history tours and tastings within the visitor centre and abbey ruins. These will be available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1130 / 1300 and 1430. The tours will be £10 per person and will include a Guidebook and tasting. Parts of the distillery will not be open to the public, but we have prepared a series of films that will tell you all about the production of whisky at this historic site.
COURTYARD PRE-BOOKED TABLE BAR SERVICE: The Courtyard will also be open every Friday (11am – 9pm), Saturday and Sunday (11am – 4pm) for a pre-booked table bar service (cold drinks only)
All Tours and refreshments must be booked in advance, by 1800 the night prior. You can book by emailing info@lindoresabbeydistille
BOOK YOUR TOUR
WEDDINGS AND OUTDOOR EVENTS
We are also able to offer the opportunity to book intimate celebratory meals and weddings within the abbey ruins, held in the Slype and under the Chapter House sail tent with immediate effect.
Currently you can host up to 15 people from five households, including the bride and groom but you could add children (should you wish) as they are exempt from these regulations. Our Wedding tent is large enough for up to 8 people with mixed household social distancing in place, should you want an outdoor meal but we could also seat at least 15 guests around the Cloister table inside the distillery. In addition to this we could seat up to 8 guests in the atmospheric Apothecary. Should the weather not be perfect for the ceremony then there is the rustic barn which again works well for spacing guests while seated on straw bales.
We are offering three packages as follows:
1. Monday – Thursday for up to 15 people £2500. This includes: – private hire, between 1400 and 2200, of the Slype for a ceremony in the abbey ruins followed by drinks and canapes in the Chapter house tented area. The barn (as a wet weather alternative for the ceremony) and the Cloister table and Reception area for dining. – Andrew Wilkie, private chef to cook either a luxury barbeque of steaks, lobster with salads and puddings outdoors or a more formal meal served indoors – canapes – flowers for the table – An Aqua Vitae cocktail, half a bottle of prosecco and half a bottle of house wine per person – SONOS music system with your chosen play list – All cutlery, crockery, napery, the ceremony set up etc..
2. Friday, Saturday, Sunday for up to 8 people. £1650. This includes: – private hire, between 1700 and 0000, of the Slype for a ceremony in the abbey ruins followed by dining in the Chapter house tented area or the Apothecary. The barn (as a wet weather alternative) for a ceremony and the Reception area. – Andrew Wilkie, private chef to cook either a luxury barbeque of steaks, lobster with salads and puddings outdoors or a more formal meal served indoors – canapes – flowers for the table – An Aqua Vitae cocktail, half a bottle of prosecco and half a bottle of house wine per person – SONOS music system with your chosen play list – All cutlery, crockery, napery, the ceremony set up etc..
3. Friday, Saturday, Sunday for up to 15 people. £3,000. This includes: – private hire, between 1700 and 0000, of the Slype for a ceremony in the abbey ruins followed by dining in the Chapter house tented area or the Apothecary. The barn (as a wet weather alternative) for a ceremony and the reception area. – Andrew Wilkie, private chef to cook either a luxury barbeque of steaks, lobster with salads and puddings outdoors or a more formal meal served indoors – canapes – flowers for the table – An Aqua Vitae cocktail, half a bottle of prosecco and half a bottle of house wine per person – SONOS music system with your chosen play list – All cutlery, crockery, napery, the ceremony set up etc..
The plan is to try to make things as simple as possible for couples who want to get married this summer. It’s been stressful enough without trying to organise wedding plans. We work with couples to come up with their ideal menu, choose flowers and drinks. We can recommend photographers and videographers who have worked with us before and so know the tricks of the light, humanists, ministers or registrars who are all super flexible when it comes to adapting to the vagaries of the weather and even bands, pipers and quartets who could provide some musical input should they fancy that.FIND OUT MORE
PRIVATE DINING AND APOTHECARY DINNERS
From Friday 17th July we can offer indoor meals for up to ten guests dining in socially distanced splendour either at the Cloister table or the atmospheric Apothecary. Set Menus start from £75 per head.
You can book by emailing helen@lindoresabbeydistille
In order to safeguard our lovely guests and staff
we are taking the following precautions:
- We have conducted a thorough sanitisation of the premises in advance of re-opening
- We have appropriate signage, sanitiser, staff PPE and one-way systems in place
- We can cater for up to 72 guests in the courtyard
- All staff will have regular daily temperature checks
- We have prepared a detailed risk assessment and trained our staff to deal with any potential hazards
- We have gained VisitScotland Good to Go accreditation
- Advance reservations must be made for the courtyard bar tables, tours, hampers and dining events regrettably we cannot accept walk-ins
- Accompanied children and dogs are welcome (we’ll have to watch all those unaccompanied dogs dropping in for a cheeky Aqua Vitae!)
- We shall be using Vegware disposable cups to serve drinks and staff will wear plastic gloves when setting and clearing tables
- We have a card system in place for the payment of goods to reduce the need for cash transactions
- We will be operating a daily 20 minute rotational disinfecting schedule of ‘touch hazards’
- We will have toilets available inside, with a limited number (2) per toilet at any one time and they are going to be cleaned on a regular recorded basis.
- We have hand sanitiser stations at all entrances and on the bar tables for guest use
- Waiting staff will take drink orders and there will be a tray collection service in place to avoid queuing at the bar
- The shop will remain closed until further notice but we can sell Aqua Vitae and other Lindores products from the reception desk or through a click and collect service.
HOW TO SUPPORT US
We would like to say how incredibly touched we have been by the support from everybody on the Lindores Team, the messages and understanding they have demonstrated have been overwhelming. We also wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has got in touch asking how they can support us, which means a huge amount as we are a small, family business and your support is what will allow us to weather the storm and keep our staff safe, healthy and secure.
We are still able to send out orders as we use couriers, so you can support us by buying Aqua Vitae (25% off for NHS and front line workers using code: NHS25), New Make Spirit, or our Memberships, Gift Vouchers for Afternoon Teas and Distillery Tours and of course Elliot our cask custodian will be on hand to chat to interested parties about 2020 whisky casks.
If any locals want to collect their purchases we can organise that with a pre-arranged pick up window. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish everybody best wishes at this trying time and hope that you all remain safe and well.
Drew and Helen McKenzie Smith
Lindores Abbey Distillery